Action RPG [323 articles]” href=”https://www.gematsu.com/genres/rpg/action-rpg”>Action RPG Valkyrie Elysium [2 articles]” href=”https://www.gematsu.com/games/valkyrie-elysium”>Valkyrie Elysium will launch for PS5 [2,993 articles]” href=”https://www.gematsu.com/platforms/playstation/ps5″>PlayStation 5 and PS4 [23,470 articles]” href=”https://www.gematsu.com/platforms/playstation/ps4″>PlayStation 4 on September 29, followed by PC [15,412 articles]” href=”https://www.gematsu.com/platforms/pc”>PC via Steam on November 11, publisher Square Enix [4,933 articles]” href=”https://www.gematsu.com/companies/square-enix”>Square Enix and developer Soleil [54 articles]” href=”https://www.gematsu.com/companies/tencent/wake-up-interactive/soleil”>Soleil announced.
The standard edition will be available for $59.99. On PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4, the Digital Deluxe Edition is priced at $74.99 and includes the Valkyrie equipment “Svartaljr: Sword of the Goddess of the Underworld”, and PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 versions of Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth” href=”https://www.gematsu.com/games/valkyrie-profile-lenneth”>Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth. On PC, the Digital Deluxe Edition is priced at $64.99 and includes Valkyrie equipment “Svartaljr: Sword of the Goddess of the Underworld.”
The PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 versions of Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth are ported from the PSP version and include new features “Rewind,” “Quick Save,” and “Visual Presets.” It will also be available separately via PlayStation Store for 2,750 yen (western price to be announced).
In Japan, the standard edition of Valkyrie Elysium will cost 8,580 yen and the Digital Deluxe Edition will cost 10,780 yen. A Square Enix e-STORE-exclusive Collector’s Edition will also be available for 19,980 yen, which includes a copy of the game for PlayStation 5 or PlayStation 4, Valykrie Profile: Lenneth download code, “The Art of Valkyrie Elysium” art book, Valkyrie Elysium Japanese script, original mini soundtrack, and acrylic Card [18 articles]” href=”https://www.gematsu.com/genres/card”>cards of the Valkyrie and mysterious black-armored character.
Get the latest details below.
- Valkyrie (voiced by Aka [1 article]” href=”https://www.gematsu.com/games/aka”>Akari Kitou) – The protagonist. She was given the fate of world salvation by Odin, and is tasked with purifying the souls of the earthly world.
- Odin (voiced by Kenjiro Tsuda) – The All-Father who rules all things. After being injured in a battle against Fenrir, he is unable to move on his own.
- Fenrir (voiced by Ryuusei Nakao) – A beast that harbors an intense hatred and desire for revenge against Odin, and is pulling the strings behind the scenes to take everything from him.
- ??? – A mysterious woman who blocks the Valkyrie’s path on countless occasions. She wears black armor, but looks like the Valkyrie…
- Einherjar – Spirits who serve the Valkyrie and play a central role in the story between the Valkyrie and Fenrir. In battle, they fight alongside the Valkyrie and support her, assisting in combos and granting attributes during summons. Master the use of Einherjar to gain a tactical advantage in battle.
- Eygon (voiced by Tetsu Inada) – A Einherjar that fights with a great sword. Before his death, he was a knight for a certain country.
- Cypher (voiced by Akira Ishida) – A Einherjar who wields a bow and dual swords. A former slave trader.
And here is an overview of the game, via Square Enix:
The latest title in the Valkyrie series is finally here! This Action [489 articles]” href=”https://www.gematsu.com/genres/action”>action RPG [14,215 articles]” href=”https://www.gematsu.com/genres/rpg”>RPG incorporates the series’ signature Einherjar and combo systems, allowing players to enjoy speedy, three-dimensional combat. The game’s unique art style beautifully depicts a collapsing world as Ragnarok looms, with series veteran Motoi Sakuraba returning to enrich the title with an unforgettable soundtrack.
Long ago, Ragnarok—the End Times—loomed upon the realms.
The All-Father Odin, with the last of his strength, created an emissary of redemption, Valkyrie; her sole task being the salvation of a doomed world.
- High-Speed Action RPG – Effortlessly soar through the battlefield and perform high-speed actions with the new Soul Chain system. Utilize a wide array of abilities and skills at the Valkyrie’s disposal to unleash devastating combos.
- Einherjar – Summon Einherjar—strong warrior spirits selected by the Valkyrie—to aid you in battle! Summoning Einherjar imbues the Valkyrie with elemental bonuses, giving players a tactical advantage in battle.
- Combo and Divine Arts System – The “Arts Gauge” fills as players perform a J19continuous stream of attacks and maintain combos. Consuming the Arts Gauge enables the Valkyrie to perform powerful, special techniques known as Divine Arts.
- Upgrade and Customization Features – Upgrade your weapons, skills, and Einherjar/Divine Arts combos to customize your playstyle.
Watch a new trailer below. View a new set of Valkyrie Elysium screenshots here, and Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth screenshots here.
Release Date Trailer
#Valkyrie #Elysium #launches #September #PS5 #PS4 #November #Gematsu