With many customers choosing to upgrade their iPhone every two or three years nowadays, there are lots of iPhone 11 Pro users who might be interested in upgrading to the iPhone 14 Pro later this year. Those people are in for a treat, as three years of iPhone generations equals a long list of new features and changes to look forward to.
Below, we’ve put together a list of new features and changes to expect if you upgrade from an iPhone 11 Pro to an iPhone 14 Pro. The list includes features added to the iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro over the last few years, as well as features rumored for the iPhone 14 Pro, which Apple is expected to announce in September as usual.
- A16 chip vs. A13 chip: The A15 chip in the iPhone 13 Pro is already up to 42% faster than the A13 chip in the 11 Pro, according to Geekbench 5, and performance should improve even more with the A16 chip in the iPhone 14 Pro.
- Larger display: iPhone 11 Pro is equipped with a 5.8-inch display, while the 14 Pro is expected to have a 6.1-inch display.
- Brighter display: Compared to the iPhone 11 Pro, the 14 Pro’s display should have up to 200 nits higher peak brightness.
- No more notch: Rumors suggest Apple will replace the notch with a pill-shaped cutout and a hole for the Face ID sensors and front camera on the iPhone 14 Pro.
- ProMotion: Introduced on the iPhone 13 Pro, ProMotion allows for a variable refresh rate up to 120Hz for smoother appearing content and scrolling.
- Always-on display: Rumors suggest the iPhone 14 Pro will feature an always-on display mode that shows the time, date, and iOS 16’s new Lock screen widgets.
- Ceramic Shield: Introduced on the iPhone 12 Pro, Apple said the Ceramic Shield front cover increased drop performance by 4x compared to the 11 Pro.
- Longer battery life: Already, the iPhone 13 Pro gets 22 hours of video playback vs. 18 hours for the 11 Pro, and rumors suggest that iPhone 14 Pro models could feature even larger battery capacities.
- Numerous camera improvements: iPhone 11 Pro users upgrading to the 14 Pro will get a slew of camera upgrades, including a rumored 48-megapixel Wide lens with support for 8K video recording, an upgraded front camera with autofocus, increased optical zoom, sensor-shift image stabilization, Macro mode, Cinematic mode, ProRAW, ProRes, Night mode portraits and time lapses, and more.
- Flat edges: While the iPhone 11 Pro’s stainless steel frame has round edges, Apple has switched to flat edges with the 12 Pro and newer.
- 5G: While the iPhone 11 Pro is limited to LTE, the iPhone 12 and newer support 5G for faster cellular data speeds, where available.
- Wi-Fi 6E: iPhone 14 models are rumored to support Wi-Fi 6E, which extends Wi-Fi into the 6 GHz band, in addition to the existing 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands.
- MagSafe: iPhone 12 and newer models feature MagSafe, a system that lets you magnetically attach accessories to the back of the iPhone, such as Apple’s own MagSafe Charger, MagSafe Wallet, and MagSafe Battery Pack.
- Increased storage: iPhone 11 Pro started with 64GB of storage, but the 14 Pro should have at least 128GB of base storage.
- LiDAR Scanner: Introduced on the iPhone 12 Pro, the LiDAR Scanner is situated next to the rear camera and offers faster augmented reality experiences and improves autofocus by 6x in low-light photos and videos, according to Apple.
- Improved water resistance: Apple says the iPhone 11 Pro is water resistant up to a depth of four meters for up to 30 minutes, while the 12 Pro and newer are water resistant up to a depth of six meters for up to 30 minutes.
Given the vast number of improvements and changes since the iPhone 11 Pro, this list is far from comprehensive, but it does highlight most major features.
iPhone 14 Pro Rumored to Feature Rounder Design to Match Larger Rear Camera Array
The iPhone 14 Pro could feature significantly rounder corners to match the larger rear camera array, according to Apple concept graphic renderer Ian Zelbo.
Zelbo, who is best known for creating renders of upcoming Apple devices based on leaked information, including the Mac Studio, Studio Display, rumored mixed-reality headset, and more, believes that the iPhone 14 Pro models are likely to…
iPhone 14 Pro Renders Highlight Multiple Design Changes
Leaker Jon Prosser today shared ostensibly accurate renders of the iPhone 14 Pro, providing the most accurate look yet at what the device could look like when it launches later this year.
In the latest video on YouTube channel Front Page Tech, Prosser revealed renders of the iPhone 14 Pro made by Apple concept graphic designer Ian Zelbo, highlighting a range of specific design changes…
iPhone 14 Pro Design Details Starting to Emerge
Key design elements of Apple’s “iPhone 14 Pro” are beginning to emerge ahead of the device’s expected unveiling in September.
The iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max, which are expected to come in the same 6.1-inch and 6.7-inch display sizes as the iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max, are expected to feature a refreshed design. Apple usually redesigns its flagship iPhone models every two to…
iPhone 14 Pro Wide Camera Rumored to Feature 21% Wider Sensor for 48-Megapixel Images
The iPhone 14 Pro may deliver more detailed images thanks to a considerably larger sensor and smaller pixels, according to unverified technical information shared on Chinese social media site Weibo.
A recent post from the account “Fishing 8” on Weibo listed a large number of the iPhone 14 Pro’s technical camera specifications. In line with a multitude of rumors about the iPhone 14 Pro’s Wide …
iPhone 14 Lineup Expected to Start With Increased 6GB of RAM
All four iPhone 14 models launching later this year will be equipped with 6GB of RAM, according to Taiwanese research firm TrendForce.
TrendForce said the iPhone 14 Pro models will be upgraded to a faster and more power efficient type of RAM known as LPDDR5, while the standard iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Max models are expected to stick with LPDDR4X.
If the report proves to be accurate, the…
Unbox Therapy Shares Hands-On Look at iPhone 14 Pro Max Replica
YouTuber Unbox Therapy has shared a hands-on look at the iPhone 14 Pro Max using what he claims is a one-to-one replica created by third-party case makers with access to detailed schematics and dimensions for Apple’s new upcoming flagship smartphone.
As with the iPhone 13 Pro lineup, in 2022, we are expecting a 6.1-inch iPhone 14 Pro and a 6.7-inch iPhone 14 Pro Max, but this time the Pro…
iPhone 14 Pro Models Rumored to Feature Slightly Larger Screen Sizes
Apple’s upcoming iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max models will feature slightly larger screen sizes compared to the iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max, according to information shared by display industry consultant Ross Young.
When measured as a standard rectangular shape, Young said the iPhone 14 Pro will have a 6.12-inch screen, compared to a 6.06-inch screen on the iPhone 13 Pro….
Apple Launches 2022 Back to School Offer: Up to $150 Gift Card With Mac or iPad
Apple today launched its annual “Back to School” promotion for college/university students in the United States and Canada. This year’s promotion offers a free Apple gift card with the purchase of an eligible Mac or iPad, rather than free AirPods like last year. Apple is also offering students 20% off AppleCare+ plans during the promotion.
Apple is offering a $150 gift card with the purchase …
AirPods Pro 2 Said to Feature Upgraded H1 Chip, Find My, Heart Rate Detection, USB-C and More
The next-generation AirPods Pro could come with a long list of new features that include heart rate detection, the ability to function as a hearing aid, and a USB-C port according to a report from 52Audio.
The site claims that it has received new information on the AirPods Pro 2, and it has used that information to provide some renders on what the earbuds might look like. Design wise, there…
Apple Rumored to Announce ‘Game-Changer’ AR/VR Headset in January 2023
Apple is “likely” to announce its long-rumored mixed-reality headset as soon as January 2023, Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo has reiterated.
Concept render based on purported leaked information by Ian Zelbo In a detailed post on Medium, Kuo explained that Apple’s headset will be a “game-changer” for the augmented-reality and virtual-reality market. Describing some of the headset’s…
Gurman: iPhone 14 Pro to Feature Always-On Display Showing iOS 16’s New Lock Screen Widgets
iPhone 14 Pro models are widely expected to feature always-on displays that allow users to view glanceable information without having to tap to wake the screen. In the latest edition of his Power On newsletter for Bloomberg, Mark Gurman said the feature will include support for iOS 16’s new Lock screen widgets for weather, fitness, and more.
“Like the Apple Watch, the iPhone 14 Pro will be…
#iPhone #Pro #Pro #Features #Expect #Youve #Waited #Upgrade